WNTE

Brought to you by the Campus Broadcasters of Mansfield Teachers College / State College / University.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Email Highlights 1/26 thru 1/28

Stu says we're up to 21 alumni with the addition of K Tracy Fabian and Terry Leer. Rick Bylina says there's some dupes, so it's really only 20.

Lois welcomes everyone and seems to be up for almost anything. :)

Bob Bogart has been asking tech questions, but we hope to get him online soon.

You folks that have gone thru the hoops for the admin privileges. Log on, go to your dashboard, click on create post and......create a post!!!

"Stebern" and I (Fitz) have been trading gaming tales. Anybody else into World of Warcraft?

I should probably be shot for saying this out loud, but I've been thinking about doing a podcast. Maybe something we could all contribute to on a rotating basis. Just a thought.

Stu has floated June 10th as a date for a get together. Most folks seem to be in agreement with that day. It's fine by me, but I have a grandson/daughter with a scheduled debut in the beginning of June. You know how those go. So I want to show up, we'll see if I can. Joel has offered to get the ball rolling on campus, and you know how big those hills are. :)

Patty thinks we should try to co-ordinate with Fast Eddie. I hope we can pick a date where the maximum number of folks can show up. I know that Cat has school for another week. Rick Bylina is also an unknown, since he is waiting for confirmation of a residency.

Terry Leer was reminiscing about a champagne breakfast. I remember a few beer breakfasts, but I think that's a whole different story.

Rick Bylina filled out the "WNTE test" and emailed it. If you all saved your outgoing message, send it to me and I'll start a thread with it.

Later

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Fitz said...

A podcast is just an mp3 that you download from the net that is in a "show" type format.

Since it's usually mp3, it can be played on anything that plays mp3's...ipods, computers or even burned to cd and played in a cd player.

There are a lot of podcasts out there. Podcastalley.com is a good place to look.

I wish someone would have thought to steal the masters of the jingles and shouts that we had. We could have a very interesting show put together.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept a cart of my promos and show openings but tossed it several years back. What could you possibly play it on nowadays?

...Cat...

5:50 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fitz said...

There has to be an old cart machine laying around somewhere. Just do a transfer to MP3. I'm actually set up to use musicmatch as my playback system. There is a very good program that will let you do limited programs for free.....something like 30 bucks for unlimited lenghts.

I think it's called podblaster, but I'm not sure......all in one package.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home